Information for Session Leaders at LVC20
Presenting details and logistics:
Links to live streams and/or Zoom are being finalized and added to your session(s) in Sched.
If you are presenting live:
Live sessions are presented via Zoom webinar and live streamed to Youtube.
All live speakers will present sessions via Zoom webinar. Each track has its own Zoom webinar session room each day. The Zoom link for your session/track has been added to your session in the schedule in Sched.com.
10 minutes before your session, login to the Zoom meeting for your track. If there is a live session before yours, you may see the speaker finishing up in the Zoom room.
All speakers will have permissions set as "Presenter" so you will have the ability to share your screen, un-mute yourself, and share your video.
There will be a host from Linaro on each Zoom webinar track to help you get set up.
If for some reason you are not able to share your screen when you enter the Zoom webinar, please send a chat message to the Host and they will make sure your permissions are set to "Presenter".
There will be no extra time available for Q&A beyond your scheduled session time, so please build time in for Q&A if you'd like to. If your session is ending and
If you pre-recorded your video:
Your video has been uploaded to Youtube and is scheduled to premiere at the scheduled date and time of your session.
Pre-recorded sessions are also available on the Connect website. Both of these links will be added to your Session in Sched.
Each pre-recorded session has it's own slack channel. This link is also added to your session in Sched.
*Please join the slack channel for your session at the scheduled date and time of your session so you can chat with attendees, and do Q&A.
A few reminders:
-*All times listed in the schedule are in UTC* please double check your time in your local time
-All sessions will be recorded and added to our Resource page at the end of the event
Timeline and key deadlines for employee speakers
When your slides are complete, please drop them into the Ready for Review folder by 11 September latest and email your manager for their review. Once they approve, they must move your slides to the Approved folder by Friday 18 September.
Please note, the version of the slides in the Approved folder is the version that will go onto the Resource page.
Editing your session
You will be able to edit your session abstract, biography and photo when you register and login to Sched.com event app. https://lvc20.sched.com/?iframe=no
Make a copy of the Google slides template. (Please note, this template is optional and you may use your own template if you prefer).
Each session has an assigned session number in the title of the session (ex: LVC20-204). Your session number can be found in your session title in Sched.com.
When you save your presentation, please include your session number in the document name. Example: "Upstreaming 101 - LVC20-204" This helps us to organize the resources as quickly as
possible after Connect.
Pre-recording your session
We are offering our speakers the option to pre-record their sessions before the event. These pre-recorded sessions will then be broadcasted at the scheduled date and time. Speakers will still need to be online and answering Q&A via Chat during their broadcasted session time.
If you would like to go with this option, please book a time here by Friday 11 September 2020: https://go.oncehub.com/LinaroConnect
If you would prefer to pre-record your session on your own, please email us for further instruction. The deadline for recording on your own is Sunday 13 September 2020.
If you are planning to present your session live on the scheduled day and would like to do a technical run-through using Zoom (to test out the software on your machine, screen sharing of slides and videos etc.), please book a time here https://go.oncehub.com/LinaroConnect
For live sessions, you will be added as a host to the Zoom meeting ID before the event and will have access to share your screen, etc.
If you would like to have a Q&A, please schedule that time into your session block as there is a minimal amount of time between sessions and we cannot extend your time for additional Q&A.
Video Conferencing Guide
Tips for speaking virtually on lighting, how to position your camera, etc can be found HERE
- Make sure you are registered for Connect via Eventbrite
- Find your session in the Schedule and make sure the session date and time works for you. If not, please email connect@Linaro.org as soon as possible. Please make sure all details are correct in your session and speaker profile
- Decide if you would like to pre-record OR present your session live on the scheduled date and time
- Book a time to pre-record your session or book a time for a run through (optional)
- Create your presentation slides. Make a copy of the Google slides LVC20 presentation template. When you save your presentation, please include your session number in the document name. Example: "Upstreaming 101 - LVC20-204" This is important to help us organize the resources as quickly as possible after Connect. (Please note, the template is optional and you my use your own template if you prefer)
- Drop your presentation into the Ready for Review folder by 11 September 2020
- Alert your line manager that you've added your presentation to the folder for their review
- Line managers must move all presentations to the Approved folder by 18 September 2020
- Once your manager has approved your slides, please add your final slides to Sched.com using the instructions below
Slide upload instructions for Sched.com
Upload your approved presentation to Sched.com. PLEASE UPLOAD AS A PDF! This is very important. This will allow us to have your presentation and video uploaded to the Connect Resources page sooner. When speakers log in, you will see a link to your tools page:
On their tools page, they can upload files here:
Thanks and email email@example.com with any questions.